Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lost and Entangled

I had this disturbing thought in my mind for a long time. But I dare not confront it for the fear of facing the blunt and brutal truth. That I have been getting LOST.

I had been lost for the past 3 months. This feeling deepens. It now has a stranglehold onto me. I am lost because I became more distant with my bigger picture in life. I am lost because I am too busy to think. I am lost because I am contented with what I am doing now.

Family, friends, relationships, toastmasters, work, play, holidays - all these have kept me busy. So busy that I am entangled in my daily activities to reflect on my goals in life. I have a direction. I need to to get down to it. But first and foremost, can I free myself from the spiderweb of daily errands? Or am I getting more entangled as I struggle to break free?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is exactly the staget which i'm trapped in... no time to do self reflection. i guess sharing more with those around you might give you greater insights into how you can handle the mounting pressure.

...tricia

Gwen Goh said...

shall we go to HWEE SAN together? And play the game call TRANSFORMATION JOURNEY?