Saturday, March 21, 2009

D for ....

D for DOWN
The workload is increasing. I have been asked to assist in operations, when I have yet to complete my powerpoint slides, minutes, letters, etc. How can I ever complete my work? The workload can be described as a rising mountain that inches up everyday, making it harder to scale with each increasing day. I feel DOWN because I am trying my best and I can't see results.

D for DEMORALISED
Today, I got wind that a colleague of mine threw in the towel. I had an engaging one-to-one chat with him later in the evening. He poured his sorrows out to me. I understood him. I feel DEMORALISED because my work place used to be a fun and encouraging environment, but it is losing that appeal with a outflow of friends.

D for DROWNED
Monday - 0830 to 1100 hrs, Tue to Thurs - 1400 to 2230 hrs & Friday - 0830 to 1100 hrs. Saturday isn't much better. I worked last Saturday. I had to do the same this Saturday again. I feel DROWNED because I can't seem to swim myself out of this type of 'lifestyle'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U're not alone in feeling frustrated. it cld be that U've been having an easier job in the past hence there are problems adjusting to the new workload. i've been through ur stage.. n currently struggling daily too. sigh...wk is really consuming all of us... Tric

Gwen Goh said...

Hang in there dude