Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Scaling the heights in Langkawi

One of the main attractions in Langkawi is that of the Cable Car. Unlike the cable car we have in Singapore, this one starts from the base of the mountain to a height of 700 metres. Though I have not tried out Singapore's cable car, the monotonous & short sky ride from Habourfront to Sentosa doesn't seem to be worth my efforts, even during my free time.

In my opinion, the cable car, costing MYR 30 (SGD 12.30) is probably the most enjoyable thing-to-do in Langkawi. The base station is conveniently located at Oriental Village, which comprises of a variety of touristy shops. The journey is more than 1,700m long in terms of distance traveled; it comprises of the middle station at 650m and the top station at 700m. Besides the breathtaking view at each of the stations, one can also experience the steep climbs, especially during the final ascent towards the middle station. In some way, the latter gives that roller-coaster feeling, giving us a dose of adrenaline each. Amidst our stay at the summit, we also managed to take photos at the curve hanging bridge.
Maybe it was the scenery that makes me happy. Maybe it was the feeling of being at the top of the world that makes me high. Maybe it was the feeling of escaping from the humidity at the base station that makes me cool. I guessed little joys like all these - adds up to form the happiness within a holiday.

No comments: