Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Little Success at the Toastmasters Arena

Last year, I experienced some moments of being at the summit by winning both the Humorous Speech and Speech Evaluation Contests at the club level. This year, I participated at both segments of the contest at club level, but only achieved 3rd and 2nd position respectively. Maybe the playing field was of a higher level, maybe I could have deproved, maybe it was meant to be wake-up call.

The top 2 from each club progressed to the Area level. Last year, I was the winner for both segments and had the opportunity to represent my club at both segments of the contest at Area level. I became the Area's Humorous Speech Champion, but I only achieved the 1st runner-up position at the Speech Evaluation segment. I was beaten by KO who was 1st runner-up at the club contest.

This year, my standards probably deproved. As I was 1st runner-up at my club's Speech Evaluation Contest, so I only had a shot at redeeming myself at the Area's Speech Evaluation Contest. After a hard fought contest, I beat my club's Speech Evaluation champion and came in 1st. Maybe I wasn't as humorous as before, but today's little success meant that I was probably still an expert at critising people. The success in an ironical manner meant that I am still good in a not-so-good manner.

No comments: