Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Was it Spontaneity?

I was in Beijing over the Good Friday weekend for a 3D4N holiday. But all decisions were made at the 11th hour.
On Monday, I decided that I should travel over the Good Friday weekend. On Tuesday, I researched upon the venues and shortlisted that to either Beijing or Shanghai. On Wednesday, I made arrangements to collect my air ticket to Beijing. On Thursday, I did some research on the list of things to do when I reach. And on that very night, I took the midnight flight off to Beijing.

Reaching there on a Friday, I walked round to look for a hotel to stay. I walked into 5 hotels to enquire on the most value-for-money deal. On the next day, I had to shift out into another hotel, as good deals don't last. That hotel was fully pre-booked that day. Moreover, I had to find a bank to change my Singapore dollars into renminbi as I didn't have enough of the currency.

7 places of historical interest, 6 types of Beijing delicacies, 5 shopping malls, 4 degrees Celsius - all packed into 3 days of fun. Years down the road, I did not want to look back and think that it was too(2) late for regrets. Was it because of the 1 tonne of spontaneity that I injected?

No comments: