Thursday, April 15, 2010

Difficulties in After Death

My dad passed away in 2003. We have to go through this emotional and physical loss. At that point in time, both me and my sister weren't working. We have to tide through the significant drop in income too.

In addition, we handled a long-drawn law suit, suing the doctor for negligience. There were so much paperwork, cost and efforts involved. They ranged from meeting the lawyers, preparing the estate to getting the letter of probate.

Moving on to year 2010, the final strings of my dad's estate are still not done. There is still a bunch of under-valued stocks that we are trying to get them out from the CDP account. "It's still money", my Mom reckoned. Our efforts proved futile at SGX, DBS and CDP. Today, we tried out luck at POSB. My Mom and I spent an hour and a half there, only to be told that they can help us send the necessary documents to CPF but we would have to await for their approval before they send us more documents to fill up. My Mom retaliated with a long list of complaints. The result remains unchanged. I guess we just have to learn to be very patient.

Dying is already a big loss to the loved ones, but it is more than a loss. There is an endless list of difficulties that only appear after death.

No comments: