Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Is it just petrol?

I pump petrol at either Caltex or Shell. I have no preference, because I have the respective kiosks' preferred credit card. That means I get discounts, which are increasingly meaningful in times of recession.

However, I haven't brought out my HSBC card for the past week. I then made a conscious decision to have my car filled at Shell, as I still had my UOB credit card. Whilst driving, I reminded myself twice again, as Shell was a tad further than Caltex.

But in a blink of an eye, I find myself standing in front of Shell's cashier, frantically trying to search for my HSBC credit card. What was I doing? Hadn't I just reminded myself? Are reminders not working, as I drove into the 'wrong' kiosk, told the attendant to fill it to the brim and only found out my mistake when I tried to make payment.

Today, I question myself for being distracted,
$2.90 was the extra amount I incurred.
Maybe I was tired or maybe I deserve to be fired.
What has happened to me, as I broke down in tears,
For if I continue living my life in fear,
Tomorrow, I could lose my life, a mistake too dear.
Will I be awake to discover what my heart adheres?

1 comment:

Gwen Goh said...

Sound poetic.