Thursday, March 06, 2008

How low can I get?

It was a low point for me today. I feel lost. Very lost in my sense of direction. The feeling of being alone and desperation has creeped up onto me. I even teared and shivered as I thought about it. I can't help, but despair.

I used to be able to put these feelings aside, as I press on and carry out my tasks in a robot-like manner. Today, I no longer could.

My life is getter nowhere. I asked myself why. I realised that it is because
(i) I have not set down and work towards the life-long goals that I would want to accomplish,
(ii) I have allowed people to control certain aspects of my life and work, and
(iii) I am currently doing things that I no longer enjoy doing.

I used to enjoy going to work everyday. Today, I no longer do. It has come to a point where I have to drag myself to work.

I have to do something to my life. A boss mentioned before that if personal values do not match that of the organisation, then the person should leave. There is no need to hold the person back.

With that said, all I need now is to firm up my release date and leave with a high.

No comments: