Thursday, March 13, 2008

Reflection

Today, I met up with my mentor, Dr Y. It wasn't a planned meet-up. He called me 10 mins prior to meeting, saying that he like to collect some things from me. We ended up talking for a good 40 mins.

Today, I learnt 2 points:
(i) I must clearly define what I do not like in my current job so that I can narrow down on my job search. I should never waste time repeating old mistakes in a new job. (Of course, I must also know what I want in my next job)

(ii) Don't leave my job because I hate the current job. While to some extent, that might be true. However, in reality, I should condition my mind that career transition is about finding dreams/challenges that the new job can fulfil, not getting disappointed & frustrated over the current job.

1 comment:

Gwen Goh said...

i so understand what u mean think i m in same situation n wants MY Y to help =((( where is my happyness