Sunday, April 28, 2013

Planning Early for Holiday has Its Benefits

I usually plan early for holidays. But due to a tight schedule that both Sy and I have, we procastinated the planning for a holiday until recently. Because of the last minute plans, I had so much trouble in securing and confirming the plans for a 3D2N nearby staycation. Some of my troubles include:

1. Intense Number of Hours put in. Over the past week, I have put in a total of 9 hours doing research on the number of places we can stay in. This included an intense 4 hour search I put in today - to finalise the hotel stay.

2. Change of Holiday Plans. One disadvantage of a last-minute holiday plan is that the places you want to go to - are all fully booked. I have to constantly look for alternatives, such as considering the possibility of changing the dates or making it a extended 2D1N stay.

3. High Prices for Accommodation & Transport. Air tickets were out of the question. Airlines charge an exorbitant price for short-haul flights. The prices for getting you into the air can cost as high as a four-digit sum for a 90-minute economy class trip for you. Accommodation-wise, you are not given offers. And for peak seasons, one hotel even charged an additional $73 per night because of a Public-Holiday surcharge,

4. Lack of Accommodation. Many hotels were fully booked. For those that were not fully booked, they displayed a high price - one that I did not seem too comfortable paying for. One such place we wanted to go was Bintan Resorts. However, all of Bintan's numerous resorts were fully booked. In the end, even though I could 'squeeze' out the availability of some ferry tickets, such plans have to be cancelled due to hotels being 'Full-House'.
Research for a Holiday was never easy. Today, I just concluded one of my harder sessions in holiday planning. Let's hope I have learnt my lesson - never to do last-minute planning for a holiday!


No comments: