Sunday, April 08, 2012

Tower Heist - My Tower of Gold?

Tower Heist is a Nov 2011 crime comedy film that I managed to watch it recently - via pirated DVD. The video quality was fantastic and I guess it was worth the risk to import such DVDs in for a mere fraction of a cinema ticket's price.
In the movie, there was a wealthy businessman Arthur Shaw who was accused of running a Ponzi scheme. He used people's pension funds to invest, and their money is gone. However, he denied responsibility and attributed it to the bad sentiments of the financial markets. Whilst everyone tries to nail down the crook in Shaw, I wondered why people are willing to invest significant amounts of their life savings with an untested source.
This is also a timely reminder for me - to carry out a stock-take of my current savings and evaluate what I like to do to grow my little pot of gold. As a young man in my 30s, I know this is an appropriate time to start growing my financial portfolio. Regardless of whether it is for me and my wife, or our family-to-be, or for our retirement, there is still a need to plan. Do it now rather than panic and do some hasty investment when I become too old. Or else I might never get to see my Tower of Gold.

No comments: