Monday, April 23, 2012

Clockwork vs Priorities

I run my schedule like clockwork (with regularity and precision). I wake up in the morning, have my breakfast, go to work, carry out what needs to be done and then returned home to wind down for the day. As the weeks pass, I filled the empty slots with more tasks - embarking on work-related projects, returning to toastmasters, taking up new tuition assignments, carrying out household chores, etc. As I insert all these tasks, I still manage to juggle my life - filling it to the fullest.

Yet I know that there could be one day - when my body might tell me that I could need a break or when my mind might tell me that this might not be the most efficient method. As I keep myself occupied, I might have lacked the time to sit down, think and reflect on my priorities in life. Maybe it might not be worthwhile to keep myself busy. Maybe I should do Task C instead of Task A. Maybe reviewing priorities should have been part of my schedule every day.

A Daily Review of Priorities like Clockwise. Can I do it?

No comments: