Thursday, November 25, 2010

Romance in Letters to Juliet

I watched 'Letters to Juliet' on board the Emirates flight back home. I figured I wouldn't mind watching it again. Afterall, I had earlier bought the VCD with plans to watch it together with my fiancee. Indeed, I would love to watch it again, as tears rolled down my eyes during the course of the movie.
Sophie believed in true love and has volunteered to assist Claire to find her long-lost love. A scene from the movie involved Charlie questioning her, as Claire had discovered that her long-lost love could possibly be dead. The dispute led to the battle of REALISM vs ROMANTICISM, as Sophie wasn't able to find true love in her personal love life.
We believe in finding true love. Some believe it more than others. For some, their belief ends in story books; for others, they applied it into reality. When romantism gets mixed up in the mortal world, how much efforts are we willing to put in to find true love? How far would we go to get that perfect love?
      Whilst I have found my true love, I wonder how far people will go in search for their true love. Indeed, when your letters to Juliet have been answered, you will ensure that you have your own fairy tale ending.

No comments: