Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Deathly Hallows

I watched 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1'. In fact, I think I could have watched almost, if not all, of the Harry Potter movies, without reading a single Harry Potter book. I'm definitely not a Daniel Radcliffe fan. I watched those movies, because those are blockbusters that people watched and talked about. Thus, to be frank, now that the movie series is coming to an end, I'm still not sure why tens of millions of people are crazy over Harry Potter.

Nevertheless, the story was 'brave' enough to poach death as part of its plot. It's a creepy subject to talk about, thus it was left to Xenophilius Lovegood, a new character in the story, to talk about it. A story within a story, Mr. Lovegood teaches Harry, Hermione and Ron about the Deathly Hallows at the Lovegood house. The three Peverell Brothers had escaped death and were each granted an item - an invincible Elder Wand, a Resurrecting Stone, and an Invisibility Cloak. They possessed these items, which eventually led to their death.

If death was to knock at my door, I am not sure what wish I would like to have (or what item I like to possess). In fact, I would not want anything. For if it comes, I must go. But what if I am not ready for it? Well, the truth is I guess I will never be ready for it. Maybe that is why I live life with a mantra - 'Seize the day as if it's your last.'

No comments: