Friday, November 12, 2010

Back-dating my posts - Australia

How far can people backdate their posts? 1 week? 1 month? I can do it all the way back to 2 years ago. I refer to my post on 02 Sep 2008 where I mentioned I would share all travel experience on my blog. But I failed. Either my memory failed me or procastination had the better of me. Thankfully, I was packing my room. Lying there were some filenotes and research that accompanied me for my 15-day Australian trip.

It was a free-and-easy trip that was filled with personal accomplishment for many reasons. One of which was the spontaneity of my decisions. The only planned itinerary was that I would fly into Sydney and depart back to Singapore from Adelaide. So sudden it was that I bought my Virgin Blue air ticket in an Internet cafe in Sydney and departed for Tasmania the next day.
Below is my short note written in 22-08-2008: "The time is now 2.40pm. I am waiting for the coach to leave Hobart to Devonport via Launceston. The distance is about 300km and that would require 3 hr 50 mins. It was definitely further than what I thought. Afterall, I expected only a short bus ride from Hobart to catch the ferry. But the island of Tasmania is definitely big. I have underestimated it, planning only a 3-nights stay on this mysterious island. Now that I know this island a little better, it makes me excited to come here once again to explore what I have yet to see. Maybe I can consider driving round the island, exploring the mystic charms of Launceston, Bruny Island, Port Arthur and Peppermint Bay."

No comments: