Monday, February 08, 2010

Fearing the Unknown

This morning, I took a test. Because of its importance, I have made many special arrangements for it. The efforts range from going to work the night before to clear my work, discussing with gf on how to do well, going to the doctor to obtain an MC on that day.

The 1st half of the test went smoothly. But I faltered at the difficult questions towards the end. Before I knew it, the test was over. As I left, I felt I could have done better, but there wasn't any 10-year series qns on this sort of test. I wondered if there was anything I could have done better, like getting more sleep before the test or giving more thought to the qns before I answered.

Now comes the results. And because the results will only be out tomorrow, I fear how it would turn out to be. The result can only be a PASS or a FAIL. I wanted a PASS, so there I was, fearing the unknown. The hope for a PASS was evident, but there was nothing I could do today, except to worry about it. As much as I tell myself that the results are out-of-my-control, I still pray for a positive outcome.

Half the waiting time has passed. The other half awaits me tomorrow. As I wait anxiously for the results to be 'released', I can only wish that it turns out positive. For if I pass, a brighter future awaits me; and if I fail, a final execution beckons...

No comments: