Thursday, February 25, 2010

A leap of faith

The thought of taking a gigantic leap was trodding in my mind for an entire month. Prior to that, I did play with such thoughts, but it was transient. Today, it went from being in motion to taking action.

It took me a lot of courage, but I knew I had to do it. As the evening draws closer, I realised that it's time to call it quits. I told GC that I want to close this chapter and move on.

He paused. He thought. Then we talked. As he questioned my rationale for this personal decision, he seemed to have known my decision. For he wasn't adverse or admanant that I should stay on. I wasn't expecting this, but I should be glad about it - that he now knows about my intention. Maybe my body language for the past week shows it all; for my body was there, but my heart wasn't.

Now that all has been said, I feel relieved. Afterall, it was a leap of faith. Without a firm picture of how my next chapter would be, I wondered if it was courage and strength that got me through. Or was it the growing lack of hygiene factors that has dirtied my current chapter beyond redemption.

As I looked ahead to see what lies ahead after my leap, I am surprised at what I saw - a land of RELIEF. I felt unburdened and yet happily lost.

No comments: