Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hell Breaks Loose

I got a sms from DC this morning at 7.50am. It requested me to rush to work. I got there as fast as I could. Afterall, it was the morning peak and I still require some 35 mins to get myself there. I reached there only to join a group gathering of 5. The warehouse was in a crisis. Goods everywhere; delivery going nowhere. We were in a crisis. We activated as much help as we can - recalled some staff, requested for overtime and reeled in additional equipment.

We fought the crisis. It wasn't easy, but we eventually had it subdued by 1.00pm.

However, we were barely in control yesterday evening. Or at least we thought we were. Everything seemed fine then. We asked R & he replied confidently that things are going smoothly.Even our guys told us that they were able to cope.

As I recalled, it was a couple of hours before, on that fateful yesterday afternoon that GC, DC and me were grilled by our boss. We fought to protect our department from an earlier complaint. But we end up watching our pride fly away like a little lost kite.Our customer has sent an unpleasant e-mail, commenting on poor delivery standards. I belonged to 1 of 2 departments that attributed to this delay. Our boss ended the meeting by telling us 'Either we are a Third-World country or we are a 'Third-World Management'.

I have been fighting one crisis after another. As I rest and think about what my boss has said, I figured that we must have been the latter. Afterall, I am not sure when hell would break loose again.

No comments: