Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Dealing with Failure

I failed the test.

It was just about failure that filled my day. The morning was filled with hope. Even though I told myself that the results are beyond my control, I still wished that I would PASS the test. The level of anxiety affected my productivity today, as I thought about my possible next steps after I know the results.

As the evening approaches, my hope dissipated as fast as the sun disappears from my sight. My fate was sealed. I have failed.

Random thoughts came to my mind, as I come to terms with my failure. I was upset. I asked - haven't I dealt with enough failures before to be able to handle this? I figured that I have experienced enough before, but the optimistic me just wasn't able to cope with this one. Maybe because the test meant a lot to me. Hopes of a better future came to nought.

As I calmed myself down, I repeated the saying - "What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger". My mind came up with an action plan to deal with the failure:
(i) Lodge an appeal tomorrow
(ii) Stabilise myself with my passion & priorities
(iii) Sharpen my focus
With a plan in mind, the only task left is to find my strength to carry out the action plan. Where can I find it?

No comments: