Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Real but Incomplete Me

Ling and me were having a conversation. I told Ling that I have a complex mind. Ling told me that she has yet to see the real me. I paused. The REAL me! I knew I had to correct her, for the REAL me is standing right beside her. How can she be seeing a FAKE me, for I know I have been getting more REAL than before? For being REAL means accepting oneself and being happy with every action one does.

I knew I am happier by the moment. I do things I like & my happiness-index grows with each day. I love myself more each day. For that, I know that is the REAL me, for I do not stay in jobs I detest nor do things I dislike.

I told Ling that she has not seen a COMPLETE me. It took me some brain cells to figure why that is so. Friends will only see the 'surface' me. That's why they are not buddies nor confidant. But more importantly, I am incomplete. And that is because I have so many goals I want to achieve - so much so that it might take a lifetime.

The COMPLETE me - when will that be? Probably a lifetime. But is it that important to immediately fix up the jigsaw puzzle of me? Nah, I reckon it's more important to treasure the process to enjoy the success.

No comments: