Sunday, January 11, 2009

Create and Shatter

In seven days God created the world., in seven seconds I shattered mine. - BEN THOMAS from Seven Pounds

I asked myself - the world is created as a beautiful place, but have we ever treasured it? Have we ever appreciate each day and not destroy our time and hurt the people around the world?

Ben took just 7 seconds to destroy what he has built up over the years - his wife, his family, his home, his wealth & himself. I could have been in his shoes too. I could be the one who have destroyed everything, but have somewhat always scrapped through.

I asked myself - what will it take for me to treasure my world? Must I lose everything for me to treasure what I have lost? Why can't I just love every little thing I used to take for granted?

No comments: