Sunday, June 30, 2013

My 4 Little Tips to Managing Stress

Recently, I have been overwhelmed with a lot of stuff, namely the routine tasks from work, additional 4 projects, marking of papers, the development of new curriculum, working on my Masters. With so many tasks on hand, it really seemed impossible for me to handle all of them. I must say that I have done pretty well till date and here are my 4 tips in managing stress so well:

1. Focus on 1 task at one time. Do not multi-task. I believe that the quality of my work stems from the high level of concentration that I give myself by doing the task wholeheartedly.
2. Do not give up. There are times when most of us feel despaired because there is a crazy amount of work that one has to do. Some tackle the issue by procastinating or complaining. But those methods will not help. My advice - start anywhere you need to. By just 'digging' away on any part of this mountain full of work - you would gradually and eventually bring down the mountain.
3. Always have an overview of the list of tasks you have do. I do that with my Weekly Key-To-Do list. That helps because it reminds me of how much is left.
4. Give little rewards to yourself. For completing every small task, e.g. editing a document, I would reward myself by viewing a short TV programme or munching on some snacks.

Now that I have shared my 4 tips, let's remind myself that I have these 4 tips to guide me through the 3 stressful weeks ahead.

No comments: