Monday, July 01, 2013

Becoming Unfit in My Quest to Be Fit

I have originally set some 2013 resolutions and one of them was to be fit. There are 2 targets I set out at the start of the year - (i) To lose some weight and monitor the progress of my weight, and (ii) To exercise regularly.

I started off on the right note - with an initial purchase of a digital weighing machine. That allowed me to track my weight accurately, as it measures in increments of 0.1kg. I lost some weight initially and I attributed that little success to the careful selection of food during the day. However, after a maximum weight loss of 2.1kg, my weight stagnated and I guessed that was when I gave up hope of any further weight loss. Recently, my weight started ballooning. Now at the half-way point of 2013, my mass is sadly more than what I started off 6 months ago. I couldn't find any reasons, except for a recent lack of discipline in the snacks I gobble.
Exercising was going to tough. I seemed to understand the importance of keeping fit, but always failed to put it into action. Besides minor successes at brisk walking, slow jogging and some outdoor sun, I failed miserably in creating any routine of keeping fit. With the requirement of having to pass my IPPT soon, I now fear for the worse. I wonder if I can scrap through yet another year of IPPT, without the rigours of exercising. Or has my luck run out as I faced the possibility of failure and the punishment of carrying out remedial training to get myself back into shape?

No comments: