Sunday, June 16, 2013

Port Dickson - El Cactus & more...

We seldom ate Mexican food. I can't remember when was the last time I tried such food, even though I come from a city laden with food. Nevertheless, I managed to locate this restaurant. With so many great reviews, I thought it must be definitely worth a visit. Here's an account of our visit:

Nachos - a must-try. Fried, crispy nachos with a variety of salsa sauces. It's delicious, though it's a little too oily. However, I must say that it's the best dish we had in this restaurant. Beef fajitas came in a hot plate and we enjoyed the 'wrapping' process just as much as eating them. However, I can't have any positive comments for the seafood pasta, as it was bland and boring. As for the margaritas, do order it, especially after a hot evening. The cost of my dinner = MYR 105 (S$43.40), a tad over-priced, but it was still a great place to chill out.

Service - Not all waitress can speak English. We were disappointed, considering that this is an international joint that caters to all tourists. It's not that difficult to communicate in simple English, but I guess that fared badly in that department. However, the restaurant owners are friendly when I approached them to ask for directions. I do hope they could do more to spruce up the image of this restaurant.

Though highly acclaimed by many tourists, with the upcoming restaurants that PD Waterfront will soon acoommodate, I doubt it will stand tall amidst the rising competition in the near future.

Will we visit Port Dickson soon again? Now that we have walked along the beach, stayed at 2 four-star hotels, eaten at 3 highly-rated restaurants and spent 4 days, I would not be going back to this place in the next two years. Though when I come back here again, I expect myself to try out the new slew of restaurants that might have swamped this area.

No comments: