Sunday, January 23, 2011

Superior service in Yomi Hotel

We stayed at Yomi Hotel for the last 3 days of our Taiwan holiday. The hotel was booked by me, after some research. I was glad that we decided to book the hotel by ourselves. We did not take the easy way out by applying for extended nights through the travel agency, because (i) these hotels are not conveniently located, and (ii) they are not value-for money.

I know I am in a pleasant hotel when the hotel spring several surprises to delight me, such as:
1. The snacks in the room were complimentary. They included chips, a instant bowl of beef noodles and 2 mini-biscuits.
2. These snacks were replenished everyday.
3. There was a wide range of toiletries, which includes mouthwash and nice-smelling shampoo.
4. There was at least 50 TV channels on our 40-inch LCD television set. How addictive it was as I constantly glued my eyes on the screen.
5. The receptionist was helpful with details on how I can get to the airport.
6. The receptionist was kind to allow us to check-in an hour and a half before the check-in time of 2.00pm.
7. The hotel staff updated the weather forecast every day to inform us how cold it might get, should we decide to step out of the hotel.
8. The manager was friendly to recommend places to visit, such as XinBeiTou hot spring and GongGuan night market.
9. The hotel provided a personalised travel guide that lists down the recommended eateries, shopping outlets and stores within walking distance from the hotel.

What more can I ask for -  when I'm paying less than S$100 per night for a 5-star service?

No comments: