Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Snorkel through your day

I never thought that I would spend an entire day snorkelling. Afterall, that would have been pretty 'boring'. But I signed up for a full-day package of snorkelling during my Koh Samui holiday. And it turned out incredibly fabulous.

The 1st half of my snorkelling trip was spent at Nang Yuan Island, which was a private island. The admission fee was 100 baht. It was already paid upfront to our tour agency as part of the total price that we have scouted for. Apparently, it was the lowest among 3 agencies - 1,500 baht, inclusive of the admission fee of 100 baht. But the admission fee into this island is nothing compared to the value we got out of it. 

The beach was perfect, as I could have thought those picturesque scenery shots were taken from here. The location was ideal, as the beach linked 2 parts of the island together. The water was clear, as it felt like water from the tap. The fishes were real, as they swam all over me. The corals were beautiful, as they were within reach as I snorkel. The underwater world was colourful, as it felt like a documentary coming to life. The fishes were coordinated, as they swam and ate together as a group.

The perfect feeling felt so surreal that a fish had to 'kiss' me to remind me that it was real. Then it was time to move on. We went to Koh Tao for lunch.

Koh Tao is a small island covering only about 21 km². It is north of Koh Samui and is known to be a divers' island. It has a population of only 1,500 people. And it felt like an island away from the rest of the world. We had our lunch there at an open-air restaurant that lies along the beach and faces the sea and the horizon. I guess all houses in Koh Tao have beautiful sea views that I can imagine waking up to everyday.

The next half of our day was spent at a snorkelling spot in Koh Tao called Mango Bay. The waters there are generally deeper, but the corals there are bigger. I snorkelled at both designated 'snorkelling spots' in Mango Bay. Only an underwater camera could do justice to what I have seen. Whilst I did not have the luxury of having such a camera, I do have a memory that would store these images forever.

2 comments:

SeaLs said...

Copyright photos! Lol

Anonymous said...

http://technologiesuae.com/#pill xanax for cheap - clonazepam vs xanax high