Monday, June 21, 2010

Everything has gone to waste

I came back yesterday on a high, after my best beach holiday. Today, I felt like I was put into the dumps.
I met with a car accident today. The time was 7pm and it was getting dark. I was in a multi-storey carpark and my headlights were not turned on. I drove up several levels, only to find empty lots after maneuvering through the tight and poorly-lit carpark. As I attempt to get to the lot, I turned right and slammed into the pillar. It was a head-on collision, for I did not see the grey pillar.

The damage was so bad that the front bumper fell off and my car was rendered 'undriveable'. I maintained my composure and called the tow-truck service to get it to the workshop.What the heck was I doing!

I have just managed to secure a fairly-priced quotation for my car insurance 2 months ago. All my efforts have gone to waste! I have just planned to embark on increasing my savings for the future. All my plans have gone to waste! I then realised that I did not bring my EZ-link card nor ATM card. I feel that I belong to part of that waste.

I told Sy that the worst will be over. Afterall, how bad can a day get? But deep down inside, I know it was a superfical assurance that I put up - for no one foretold me that today will be bad. And no one wants to tell me that tomorrow will be worse. I just have to brace myself to be brave to face tomorrow. And tomorrow, I have to brace myself to be brave to face tomorrow's tomorrow. And the cycle continues.

No comments: