Sunday, June 27, 2010

My taxi experience

Today, I was late for my appointment. Therefore, the only way I could get there timely was to use a cab, or so I thought. Afterall, money equals to time. So here I was, willing to pay for a cab so that I could save some time.

It was 12.40pm and standing along a main road in the hot sun isn't what I would expected myself to do. 10 minutes have passed and there was still no 'available' cab in sight. 2 men then appeared 50 metres ahead of me. They knew I was waiting for a cab. Afterall, I was seen trying to wave my hand in vain at any cab that drives past. And they took at least 4 glances at me. They knew I was waiting before they came. They knew I was waiting for a cab. They knew I have yet to board a cab. But when a cab came, they flagged it down (even though I flagged it down too). They did not glance at me anymore. They did the shameless thing of not giving up the cab to me and went into the cab.

I was late for my appointment. I paid a lot more for my journey. I wondered if I could have reached there the same time by getting onto the bus. Afterall, I was in the hot sun along Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 for an entire 22 minutes.

Today, I paid 7 dollars not to get to my destination timely, but to remind me that Singaporeans are ugly.

No comments: