Sunday, June 20, 2010

The beauty of Koh Samui's beach

I have been to so many countries and cities for holidays, many of which consist of beaches. But Koh Samui ranks 1st when it comes to keeping their beaches in tip-top conditions. I've just came back from Koh Samui today. During my past 5 days, I realised why people rave about how beautiful this beach town is.
Photographs showing the beach front of Koh Samui can be deceiving. I said so because the actual scenery is so much more beautiful. People say, a picture says a thousand words, but I think a thousand words is not enough to express the feeling of experiencing a picturesque scenery during every moment of the holiday.
One day, whilst having my breakfast at the beach front, I noticed that a cleaner was walking along the beach. As he walks, he does not pick up any rubbish, because people, including tourists, care about preserving the beaches. In fact, he picks up seaweed and puts them in his rubbish bag. Those were the dead and dirty seaweed that were washed up by the high tide during the night. I then realised that Koh Samui boasts a white-sandy-beach reputation, not because she inherits a natural landscape, but because she gives its best to maintain her beautiful landscape.

I have been to 7 other beaches, namely Tioman, Cebu, Sydney, Phuket, Nha Trang, Bintan and Penang, but Koh Samui's Chaweng beach is a clear winner. Today, I came to realise that beautiful landscapes not only happen in pictures, they can happen in reality. And reality came about because there are people who make it happen.

1 comment:

SeaLs said...

What beautiful insights u derive from a single transient moment of a mediocre brekky. This is the reason why. =)