Sunday, November 09, 2008

Dreams they really can come true

I watched 'Sing to the Dawn' recently. It was based on a novel written by Ho Minfong. In it, there are many lessons that can be drawn for sharing...

The main character was about this girl, Dawan, who lives in a small rural village in Thailand. But she isn't timid in character, for she fought for what she want. She wanted a scholarship and so she studied her to get it. She won the scholarship, but insisted to keeping it instead of letting her brother have it. She don't believe in taxes to the landlord, so she argued against it. She believed that the land they are on is theirs and not the the landlord, and so she sought the truth.

My thoughts about this movie gave me time for self-reflection. I realised that dreams can really come true. No matter how absurd you think them to be, believing in them is what make life worth living for.

Dreams do come true, but what's my dream?

1 comment:

Gwen Goh said...

So whats your dream