Thursday, November 06, 2008

Being comfortable with myself

How do U know it when you are comfortable with yourself? Are there a way to gauge when you feel comfortable about what you do, where you work and what you really are?

Someone recently asked me about my new job. I told a lie - I told them about my previous job - I stayed at my previous job for only a month. After all, I did not want him to know about my consecutive job change. I hopped onto this current job, because I didn't like many aspects of my previous job. But to announce to the world that I changed job within a matter of weeks - is an issue I am currently tackling with. Am I not comfortable with myself?

Maybe it depends on who I tell. Maybe I am sceptical. Maybe people will gossip about me. Maybe they will label me as a job-hopper. There are so many 'MAYBE's.

Maybe these 'maybe's will come true, maybe they never will. On 2nd thoughts, I am comfortable with myself. I am only being cautious. It boils down to my skills in managing their perceptions of me.

No comments: