Monday, June 02, 2008

Staying Single

Staying Single is the trend now. It's ok to have a boyfriend or girlfriend. It's alright to be in the dating scene. It's fun to co-habitate. But it's a risk in getting married.

I watched the movie 'Sex and the City' yesterday. The plot discusses about finding love and getting married for 4 matured ladies living in Manhattan. I love the show. In fact, I caught several of the HBO series in my younger days.

This time round, it tickled some of my brain nerves and got me thinking about MARRIAGE. Marriage comes with many conditions. You have to win the girl's heart, then prove that you got cash, financial security and a big home for her to live in (like Mr Big). You need to stay faithful - 1 mistake can make you out of the house (like Steve). And you got to give her lots of attention (like Smith).

There are so many 'marriage clauses'. Staying single is the easier alternative that will ease one's troubles. Single, w/o any strings attached, seems to be best solution to stay cheery and chirpy. And who dares uses the fairytale statement of 'staying married happily ever after'?

No comments: