Thursday, June 05, 2008

Letting Go

The term 'Letting Go' seems like a term meant for the losers. We use this term for those who did not persevere to the finishing line. We tell our friends, don't let go, be a fighter.

But LETTING GO is the Best Thing I have done this year. My major decision this year was to give up on my current job in the airforce. I had a bright career ahead of me. I am a leader with men working for me. The next posting for me would have been a staff appointment, with more learning opportunities.

People ask me - WHY QUIT?

I realise that if my hands had been full, I wouldn't be able to hold on to any better things. I had to free my hands before I have the ability to grab on to something new.

I want a break - holidays, travelling and more soul-searching by myself. I want to give more time to my MBA - nevermind the high opportunity cost. I want to search for my dream job. I want to get into the private sector. So many WANTs - I can only go after them, after my hands were emptied and untied.

No comments: