Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Where is my dragon?

Recently, I watched the movie "Eragon" VCD. It was shown on the silver screens last Dec. But reviews were doing bad, so I saved the $$ & gave that a miss. Watching it on VCD justifies my earlier decision made, as it wasn't fantastic with unfancied special effects.

The movie was based on the best-selling novel by Christopher Paolini. The storyline starts off with Eragon finding a polished blue stone in the forest and thinks it's the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy. But when the stone turns out to be an egg from which a baby dragon is hatched, Eragon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself. Overnight he is thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic, and power. Eragon and the fledgling dragon navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of an Empire ruled by a king whose evil knows no bounds. The fate of the Empire rest in his hands. as he fought and triumphed against his enemies.

The movie got me thinking - "where is my dragon?" Eragon found a blue stone (which turns out to be a dragon's egg). From a farm boy, he became a nation's hero. From a poor chap, he became endowed with armour and horses. From a nobody, he became a dragon rider.

Where is MY dragon? When can I find a dragon that I can ride on? What am I supposed to do to get all this?

I want to rise and find the magic within myself. Can I?

No comments: