Friday, March 23, 2007

Separated by silence

Silence can do wonders. Sometimes, the act of inactivity can kill. And today, I realise the power of SILENCE.

My gf and I have been on cold war recently. I have not taken the initiative to meet or call her. Neither has she called or sms me back. We have not really met up for 6 days already. It wasn't long ago that we were meeting up every alternative day. What happened?

That say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Not true. Silence is the equivalent of total absence. It makes the heart grow weaker in faith. My faith has decreased by the day. My yearn for my gf has dropped.

I fear getting into another quarrel with her. I fear bringing her to the wrong places. Any place, like IKEA, can be a wrong place. I fear my phone being questioned. I fear her random questions on her being the prettiest girl in the Earth. My fear has turned into avoidance.

How long will the avoidance be? Will it be a waiting game?

1 comment:

Gwen Goh said...

My goodness. Your fear is taking over the relationship. Silence is a Killer. Might as well get over n done with by tossing out your thoughts. Works better. And usually if no party wants to back dwn cos they r "right" then things worsen if not swept underneathe the carpet.