Saturday, March 17, 2007

Jealousy


My girlfriend seems to get jealous easily. She gets jealous over many thingsz she see. "Do you think that I am pretty or the picture of this book is pretty", she asks. " Who is cuter - me or Fann Wong?" I was cornered and in such cases, there is only 1 right answer.

Recently, I had another one. She complains that I still had that cushion made and sewn by my ex. First, she had complained that it was on my bed. Ok, I got the point and shifted it to the 2nd highest section of my cabinet. She then asked, why did I keep it? I answered, "It's functional." It went on a point when she boiled her jealously out in public, demanding that I threw the cushion away and she wanted to buy one for me right on the spot in IKEA. She was clearly disturbed. On the other hand, I felt exasperated. If you are buying for me out of jealousy, would that have rationalise the buy? Afterall, the truth lies that that IKEA cushion was not comfy and I could "smell" that she wanted to spite me.

I felt stifled. I felt trapped. Now, I felt as if every place could be a wrong place to bring her, for questions she asked, had to fill up her lack of security.

2 days ago, I highlighted to her that my Samsung phone can't do a "Copy All" function of names and contacts from the phone to the SIM card. She demanded that it can be done. Come on, she has never used a Samsung phone her life. What does she know? I had been playing with the phone and I clearly know that I had to transfer contact one by one. She demanded that it can be done and wanted me to pass the phone over to her. I refused, stating all the reasons. Did I "smell" jealousy in checking onto me again? She even cried. What the heck.

1 comment:

Gwen Goh said...

Wow talking about being "Suay". I would get jealous this time if my BF keeps Ex-s stuff and I discovered them. But I am not sure about the extent of your situation. And your GF's lang of love is WORDS OF AFFIRMATION. Have u been giving her Love?