Sunday, May 26, 2013

An Evaluation of Avillion Admiral Cove

I liked to give an evaluation of hotels that I have stayed over. This would allow me to: (i) review my choice (and ascertain that it has been the right one), and (ii) assist travellers in making their choice of accommodation (and yet enable me to be a step closer to being a hotel critic). My evaluation of Avillion Admiral Cove would consist of 3 PLUSes and 3 MINUSes:
Plus: SPACIOUS - The Premium Room I stayed in was spacious. I liked the size of the room, which measured 41 sqm, as it allowed me to be messy, without having the feeling of over-crowdedness.

Minus: DIRTY - The bed sheet and blanket were filled with stains. Whilst the rest of the room seemed clean, there should have been a consistency in the level of cleanliness. I wished that the hotel could carry out an entire change of bedsheets and blanket covers.

Plus: OCCUPIED - The facilities of Avillion Admiral Cove made me feel at home. Several activities, such as swimming, sun tanning and KMX, kept us busy. In addition, there were other activities, such as fish-feeding, boat ride, cycling, etc. Indeed, one can be fully occupied in this hotel, without leaving the resort.
Minus: JACUZZI - Having spent significant time in the pool, it was an embarrassment for such a huge hotel – to have spoilt Jacuzzis. Every of the 20 Jacuzzi Jets was closed and covered. Dirt seemed to have formed there and I wondered if the management is aware of its incomplete water facilities. The staff, when queried about the Jacuzzis, replied that there were no Jacuzzis around. Either the jets have been spoilt for so long that they are inexistent or the staff are so poor in their command of the English language that they gave an inapt answer.

Plus: FRIENDLY – Our hotel stay was a pleasant one as we noted efforts by staff to be friendly towards their guests. There was an instance, where a new staff went beyond her call of duty, to explain how we can explore PD Waterfront. Checkout was fast and smooth too.

Minus: WIFI – There was limited TV channels & no room WiFi. Considering that this is a resort far from other amenities, it has to self-adequate. However, it was sorely lacking channels & programmes. In addition, there was no room WiFi. Hence, whilst there were facilities to keep on entertained in the daylight, the same cannot be said for the night.

No comments: