Saturday, October 08, 2011

I am not funny

I thought I was born funny. Afterall, I cracked jokes with ease, I often made people laugh and I was the humorous speech champion. On hind sight, maybe my jokes were lame, these people laughed so as to be kind to me and I probably won by fluke.

I thought I was born funny. Afterall, I got into the finals of PA Humorous Speech Challenge. I was my dream to compete on the big stage. But I guessed I subconsciously wanted more; I wanted to do the best and try to win a trophy on home ground.

The truth is often ugly. Home ground advantage stands for nothing, if I do not have the natural ability nor the material in me to see me through. Today was the day I come to realisation that I am far from making people laugh with ease.

To see myself fail on the big stage today - I am beginning to find my failure as funny.

No comments: