Saturday, May 22, 2010

My new job - Is it a right move?

I started work on my company 4 weeks ago. Today. as I sit down to blog, I decide that it is only timely to look back and review how this new chapter in my life has been. Changing job has never been easy; it's like breaking off from a relationship and moving on as fast as possible to another relatioship. Maybe it's worse than that when the relationship with your job hasn't been on the rocks. I asked myself - in this major turn of life's events, what did I gain and what did I lose?

ADVANTAGES of my new job
1. I have a higher starting pay.
2. I have a better job designation, that of a manager.
3. Work stress is much more manageable.
4. I am in an intellectual position that trains me to put on my thinking cap.
5. I have a understanding boss that appreciates 360 degrees communication.
6. I have a buddy who coaches me.
7. I am in a great company who has the vision to double her size in a decade
8. I do not have to stay back till 9pm almost everyday.
9. I do not have to be submerged in a negative culture.
10. I do not need to experience this fear of speaking up, only to be brought down.
11. I am in an environment that entrusts that each has his/her integrity to complete his/her task diligiently
12. I am with a pool of talents that allowsme to harness the advantages of 'many'.

DISADVANTAGES of leaving my previous job
1. I lose the company of my friends.
2. I lose my 2 months of bonus, which was due to be issued in July.
3. I lose my free travel benefits.
4. I lose my free dental benefits.
5. I lose my spacious working area, which is the space of a 5-room flat.

No comments: