Wednesday, April 01, 2009

My world

I asked myself - how do I define this world of mine. It is made up of friends from all walks of life. They come from my secondary school, JC, university, toastmasters, work, social networking, dance classes to even acquaintances that I barely know from Facebook.

Whoever they are, they make up my life. They create this environment for me to live in, thereby proving my existence in this world. I am therefore, a social creature.

Recently, I am asked to be the President of my Toastmasters Club. My heart & mind were at wars with this question. It took me days to figure out the root cause of this 'war'. The cause - Am I willing to sacrifice my WORLD for this honorable duty?

The easy way out would be to remain status quo. But this is also a cowardly approach. So I decide to brainstorm. As I kill a few more braincells on this matter, I asked myself again - What honors do I hope to achieve for the club and myself in the midst of my sacrifice? Determining the honors will give me the light to the value of my worth.

2 comments:

Gwen Goh said...

Good thinking on the way

Gwen Goh said...

How do you think you can contribute to the club? WHat change do you wanna see?