Monday, November 26, 2012

Losing The Drive

Over the weekend, I realised I lost it - my drive. I have no drive to do anything, choosing the easy way out by slumping down on the sofa, not doing any tasks. Some might say that sounds like an alternative way to re-charge, but I know it wasn't. In fact, I have noticed that I showed a lack of motivation over the past few weeks.

As I start this week afresh, I asked why. Maybe it was the ever-growing list of daunting tasks ahead. Maybe my level of energy has indeed been depleted. Maybe I lacked the vision to see what's ahead of me. I guess - it's probably the combination of these 3 factors listed above.

I want to pick myself up again. As easy as it might seem, I know it's even easier to fall down on my knees once again. Afterall, it's always easier to choose not to do anything. I seem not to have a permanent solution for the loss of the drive. For now, the race will still continue and I will join this rat race till I figured out a better way to survive this rat 'marathon'.

No comments: