Sunday, September 30, 2012

Hong Island by Krabi Kingdom

We booked a 1-day tour package which comprised of a trip to 4 places - Hong's Lagoon, Hong Beach, Lading Island and Daeng Island. But the sea was rough and the tour guide decided to skip Daeng Island. We went straight to Paradise Island (Lading Island), in which we managed to find a private spot on the right side of the beach. Snorkelling was fine - there were fishes, but it's never as nice as Koh Samui. The corals were not alive, the fishes were not varied and the water was somewhat murky.
One nice spot was Hong Lagoon. The water was calm and swallow, though the boat didn't allow for much time to rest. Another nice place was the Hong Beach. Many tourists invaded the white sandy beaches and I felt that there was this rush element in maximising our stay on the island. 2.5 hours on this island wasn't enough. For if I had a whole day, I would have just lazed at the beach, walked along the coastline and read a book for leisure. But time is not my side. Will time be on my side when I start looking towards retirement?

No comments: