Thursday, August 30, 2012

Starhub Cable TV

It came out of the blue that I was offered free Starhub Cable TV. At first, I couldn't believe what I heard. Afterall, I have been taught from young that there is no free lunch in this world. So when the call came, I asked him - 'What's the catch? Are you really from Starhub?' Thankfully, I listened on - to what started off as a tele-marketing call, but turned out to a very good deal.
I was offered to watch 3 months of Starhub Cable TV for free. When the Starhub TV box was first delivered, all channels were available. And we were surfing through all the channels. But there was not going to be an all-for-free deal and our initial excitement was short-lived when they offered us only 3 groups of TV channels.

But that was sufficient to have us glued to the TV box. For the past week, I spent more time staring at the TV, as compared to the entire previous month. Channels, such as as AXN and TLC, are more favourites. Whilst there are many shows that give you an interesting perspective of life and additional knowledge, too much of TV can ruin one's days - with lesser focus on other aspects of life.

I asked - how good can this deal be? I guess it can only be good as I want it to be. With this additional tool - to educate, entertain and enrich our lives, the usefulness of this tool seems to have tremendous impact. Only time will tell. 3 months to be precise...

No comments: