Saturday, July 28, 2012

Indulgence in Food

I seldom exercise nowadays. Hence, in order not to expand horizontally, I have constantly reminded myself to watch my diet. Sometimes, my reminders work, sometimes they don't. Afterall, sinful food always taste so delicious and yummy that I just have to order them to savour the taste... Though more often than not, I do gulp them down to fill up the void in my stomach.
The easiest example I can find is that of the hawker centre. There is an unlimited array of food choices. And if we have to taste as many as we could, it might end up as one main dish per person, with side dishes of rojak, popiah, dessert, you tiao, carrot cake, etc. Afterall, there is a need to evaluate which is the best dish. This was a photo of a value-for-money Nasi Lemak that I consumed today. It comprises of uniquely green coconut rice, a big otah, some vegetable and a huge chicken drumstick and thigh. The taste was so good that I forgot how unhealthy it really was.

Anoother recent example was that of a marble cheese frappe I recently had. It looked ordinary, but was richly filled with marble cheese. I wondered how many calories it contained. I wasn't sure, but I knew this was only the drink. My dinner comprised of a Western-styled main course and an add-on of 3 chicken wings.

Food continue to taste so good that keeping fit and slim seems like a uphill challenge. I just have to constantly remind myself that I am getting old. And an old man requires less calories for sustainence. Maybe this new reminder might help...

No comments: