Monday, December 26, 2011

Fidenza Village - a hidden Italian town

We went to Fidenza Village to do some shopping in Italy. I must say that I did not expect to venture into this small suburb that was deliberately created out of no where, but it was an interesting whole-day experience. It took about 75 mins to drive from Milan to Fidenza Village, a province in Parma. It was a bus load of tourists whose aims are the same as us - to view what Fidenza Village is all about and check out the cheaper factory outlet prices there.

There were more than 70 brands out there, each owning a store in this transquil shopping village. There were brands such as Furla, Calvin Klein, Fossil, Guess and D&G. My guess is that it must be due to the low land lease and cheaper labour costs in the suburbs that allow for such brands to price their goods more competitively. One of my steals was a brand new Levis 506 jeans that cost me 49.50 (S$85.60), which was 38% cheaper than that of Singapore's prices (assuming that it is selling at S$139). I could have bought more, if I wasn't on a tight budget.

Maybe I should now more on the look out for such good deals now. Or maybe I should stop window shopping to control my monthly expenses.

No comments: