Sunday, April 17, 2011

What is satisfaction?

I am not sure what satisfaction really means. There is no scale of measurement for me to gauge satisfaction. So, I was left wondering recently - what exactly quantifies satisfaction?

I felt satisfied recently for giving a humorous speech at the recent toastmasters chapter meeting. It could have been due to the bonus of me winning the 'Best Speaker' ribbon. But more importantly, I knew I have given my best, I have shared my best with the audience and the final performance of my speech commensurates with my process of preparing for the speech.

I felt satisfied recently for leading a fruitful day - for leading each day with purpose and excitement. For taking efforts in the things I do and not trying to procastinate any matters that I could be holding on to.

I felt satisfied recently for being able to give myself some attention, such as attending toastmasters to develop, creating a blogpost to reflect, tidying my finance to balance up.

What is satisfaction? I can't really measure it, but it could be a combination of efforts, fulfilment and self-purpose.

No comments: