Wednesday, April 20, 2011

How do you lead by example?

I always believe in leading my example, maybe because the society has instilled such a value in me. If you want someone to do it, you have to do it yourself. If you want to encourage someone to run a marathon, you have to run it yourself first. If you want someone to work hard for his exams, you have to prove that you have done that before.

Therefore, I was pretty annoyed recently at the lack of this value - shown by the entire 'white' party. Why keep everyone in suspense when you know the actual date to vote? Why can't you allow others to plan ahead whilst you continue to plan ahead in secrecy? Why is there a lack of foresight as you focus on little things that do not matter? How do we expect us to listen to you when you can't even allow us to plan beyond 3 weeks?

Now, I know that 7th May is the date. Now, I know that my plans are screwed. They failed to tell me in advance. How can I not blame them when the leaders are not open with us? How can I not point my finger at them when they want us to have faith in them? How can I not trust them for the next 5 years when they led me to believe that guessing is a fun game to play?

When I look for models to follow, I am inspired by those who lead by example. Apparently, as the whites continue to be clueless with us, I now believe that we can use the phrase as clueless as the whites.

No comments: