Friday, December 19, 2008

What are resolutions?

A New Year's Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. We make resolutions at the start of each year. 2009 is within sight - hence, the time has come for us to make our New Year's resolutions.

However, before I start making mine, it's only right that I review my performance for the past year.

Oh shit! What performance! I have misplaced that piece of paper containing my resolutions, not monitored my goals and probably not achieved anything significant to boast about.

Should I make my New Year Resolutions? Should I resolved to do better than last year? Should I try to be more productive this year? I should.

On hindsight, I should not. Afterall, I always make such statements every year. Resolutions means repeated solutions. Maybe I should just repeat last year's goals.

No comments: