Saturday, April 19, 2008

Joys of a holiday

A holiday can do wonders. It isn't just the mere process of visiting a foreign land. It's so much more - it has liven my mood, allowed for self-reflection, given me new hopes and made me see the whole big world.

I have just came back from a 21-day Europe holiday cum study trip. On paper, the lovely places I have been to are London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Nottingham, Derby, Sheffield and Paris.

My Mood - An expensive Europe trip, one must have thought. But it's worth every cent. My mood was up since the day I planned for it. The after-effects of an energetised "me" will last another 3 more months. How much more value can I ask for?

Self-reflection - There were many times I were alone, especially the duration of the train rides. How can I ever get that in Singapore? That gave me precious insight - to treasure my family and friends. I never gotten that much time alone to ask who I really am.

New Hopes - I couldn't remember when I last hoped for something. People tell me not to daydream. But hopes give me goals. And goals give me a direction. I now have new hopes. Hopes that I will make it big out there, because it's the spirit and attitude that makes me who I am. The next hope is to see more of the world out there in a fun growing manner.

The Big World - The world is so big out there. It isn't just me and my surroundings. I've been to 3 countries and spoke to a dozen nationalities. There's so much out there that I want to see more!

No comments: