Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Review of my 2012 Resolutions

2013 did not start on a perfect note. That was because 2012 did not go as smooth as what I had planned for. I have carefully set out a long list for resolutions at the start of 2012. After much consideration, I have shortlisted and reviewed 16 key tasks to achieve in 2012 - ensuring that they are 'S'pecific, 'M'easureable, 'A'ttainable, 'R'elevant and 'T'ime-based. In short, I have ensured that my goals were S.M.A.R.T.

But old habits die hard. Resolutions are often written at the start of each year, only to be lost a month later in the midst of my busy life. I tried to change my old habit by (i) making my goals more relevant, (ii) being more task-oriented, (iii) printing & pasting my resolutions, (iv) attending a course on '7 Habits of Highly Effective People', and (v) writing down a weekly task list.

I have no past results to compare with. I could say that I have some success with my 2012 Resolutions. For a start, I am reviewing my resolutions so that I could have that scorecard that I so often dread to see. So here I go - my 2012 Resolutions' Report Card:
Maybe I shouldn't be so strict on myself. Afterall, I am now more conscious of what I have achieved in 2012.

No comments: